Iowa Digestive Disease Center and Iowa Endoscopy Center specializes in the management care and treatment of adults with digestive disease/gastrointestinal disorders. We offer a full range of services:
Prevention – Medical Management – Diagnostic – Interventional
Our group is comprised of 9 Board Certified Gastroenterologists and 3 Nurse Practitioners. We provide coverage for 5 local hospitals with consultative support and hospital-based procedures. Our physicians carry an expertise in the areas of Crohns Disease, Liver Disease, Hepatitis and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Awards and Recognition
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program.
- Recognition – Family Medicine Teaching
- Joint Commission Accreditation
We serve our community as health practitioners and educators. As practitioners we endeavor to bring awareness about colon cancer and Inflammatory Bowel Disease to the community through our Annual Colon Cancer Run and through our IBD Support Group called ‘Doc in the Box’.
As educators we teach medical students, medical residents, primary care physicians and other specialists about gastrointestinal disorders and the appropriate treatment for each disorder. We teach patients and families about their conditions and strive to provide general education to the community about gastrointestinal health.
Iowa Digestive Disease Center and Iowa Endoscopy Center has a long partnership with HEARTLAND Medical Research, Inc., engaging in research for the betterment of patient care. We are currently participating in twelve clinical trials – all focusing on improving care and outcomes.
Current trials focus on multiple drug trials and conditions including:
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflamatory Bowel Disesae
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Chronic Constipation
- Liver Disease
Bravo pH Capsule Endoscopy offers a unique less-invasive way to diagnosis conditions.
As community physicians it is oftentimes difficult to engage in teaching activities. Even with such difficulty we engage in multiple teaching initiatives:
- Conferences – Liver Disease; IBS, Crohn’s
- Student Teaching – Iowa Lutheran Family Medicine; Mercy Family Medicine; DMU
- Instructorships – Mercy Hospital Medical Center
- ARNP Preceptorships
Physician Leadership Roles
- Unity Point Population Health Governance
- Unity Point Quality Committee
- Mercy Medical Center Medical Executive Committee
- Wellmark Quality Committee